Ship Your Enemies Glitter




















So I found the most awesome webshop EVER today! It's ShipYourEnemiesGlitter.com and it's so brilliant! For $9,99AUD you can order an envelope filled with glitter and the company will send it to your enemy, so when he/she opens it, the 'herpes of the craft world' (their words) will fall out of the enevelope and create a mess that will be there for weeks. Everyone who has ever been in contact with glitter, knows this shit can't be cleaned properly. The company will also include a note with the glitter bomb, telling the person why he/she is receiving this terrible gift. I guess they'll just write "I HATE YOU AS MUCH AS I HATE GLITTER".

Don't get me wrong, I totally love glitter and I use it many times while I'm crafting myself. But it really is true: glitter is the most horrible thing excisting. Once you get it on your body, it will stay there for days (doesn't matter how many times you shower, there will always be that one little f*ck that stays there) and when you spill some of it, you know you're screwed.

Anyway, the concept itself is cool (totally useless, but cool), but the website is even cooler! You can sense the company's 'rage' against glitter and stupid people who deserve getting bombed by glitter. Their whole websiteis one sarcastic furor. For example:

Why should I pay you to send glitter to someone I hate?
"First off, use your fucking imagination. We're going to be pouring a tonne of glitter into an envelope with a folded up piece of paper. You know what's going to happen when that fuckface opens the envelope & pulls out the letter? The craft herpes will be released & will go everywhere."

It makes me wanna curse too! This whole concept and its 'marketing' matches the modern 'life rage phase' that I mostly come by on Tumblr. Here (mostly) young people often tell how much they hate other persons or why they think other human beings is so annoying, but it's always in this hilarious or poetic way. I think it shows perfectly how the 'next generation of introverts' is looking at life and the people in it. You might want to do a little research for this target group on Tumblr right now, since they're funny, but pretty interesting.



Right now, purchasing on ShipYourEnemiesGlitter.com has been temporarily suspended, since "you guys [the customers] have a sick fascination with shipping people glitter". So it doesn't matter wether it's a futile concept, people just LOVE to send something as annoying as glitter to people they detest and don't mind paying for it.



0 reacties:

Een reactie posten